Friday, June 30, 2006

Philip cheers on the Stingers

Last Saturday night, Matthew, Philip and I joined our friends Les and Melody for a Spartanburg Stingers game. It is a baseball team made up of college baseball players who want a chance to play for an "imitation" major league team so as to keep up their skills during the summer. The Stingers play their games at Duncan Park, a nostalgic old stadium built in the 1920's.


Dancing in the aisle.

Philip had a good time through the first hour, but got a little cranky the next two. He just wanted to walk everywhere but as he gets sleepy, he also gets clumsy. I didn't want him falling down the steps.

We also had fun watching him watch the bee mascot walk throughout the stadium. At first, Philip seemed like he wanted to go see the bee. He and I followed the bee all the way across the stadium only to have Philip stop dead in his tracks when the bee turned around facing us. He wanted me to pick him up which I did. I asked Philip if he wanted to go see the bee to which he emphatically shook his head no and pointed back toward Matthew. That close encounter did not keep Philip from watching that bee everywhere he went for the rest of the game.

The funniest moment of the night was Philip's cheering on the team. Although Matthew had just told me not to videotape up and down, I still managed to do it. This is a great clip of our excited boy, but you will have to either turn your monitor up on its side or tilt your head. (I'm not being held responsible for damage to your monitor!)

No comments: