Thursday, December 13, 2007

My "Shy", Silly Boy

Philip is always saying funny things to which my mom always says, "Kim, you need to write that down." Here is where I'm writing them down so you can enjoy them too.
--------
After we had been playing tag and I said I needed to take a break, Philip said, "I can play tag by myself. I can't get me! I can't get myself!"
--------
Matthew asked Philip, "Can you put your underwear on by yourself?" Philip: "No, they are too tricky."
--------
Tonight for dinner, we had smoked sausage, pasta salad (the mini-shell kind), and corn. Matthew had cut Philip's sausage slices and then quartered each slice. Philip looked at his plate and said, "I'm eating sausage, corn and turtle fingers!" (He had put the mini-pasta shells on his fingertips!) Then he picked up two pieces of sausage and said, "Mommy these are triangles!" Holding them in front of his eyes, "I have pumpkin eyes!"
--------
As I said in my last post, Philip participated in our church's Preschool Choir Christmas Program. After going with him to the "dress rehearsal" the Saturday before, I wasn't sure how he would do as he only stood there. After the practice, I asked him about it and he told me he was shy. I told him that it was ok, but that the next day he could try to do the hand motions with Miss Jeanette. Here's a part of the first song his group sang. The 3-year-old group (Philip did excellent as he's not even actually 3 yet) sang with the 4's and 5's for the first two songs and then left the stage. He's in the hunter green sweatshirt and khaki pants in the middle of the front row (right behing the thin mic stand). So cute yet still shy! (Remember click on the video, and then click again on the arrow.)



Now just to show you he's not always shy, this is Philip and how he normally acts ALL the time. He even climbs up on the stage at church and sings when he thinks no one is looking. Maybe he'll have a fear of public speaking like me (and most people I think!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kim, hey! i was hoping to get philip and lucy together to make christmas cookies, but bella's at the end of a little virus and we're leaving tomorrow for Christmas. anyway, i hope you are doing well! i just read the blog about the "brother toes" and laughed out loud. i'm sure he keeps you laughing a lot! you guys have a great Christmas! hope to get together after the new year. -frances