Thursday, May 06, 2010

My 3-Year-Old Princess

I've mentioned here before that upon finding out I was having a girl when pregnant with Braewyn, I decided I wouldn't buy into the Disney Princess craze. Well, you might know how that went... Braewyn adores Sleeping Beauty only from the image of her on products. We've never even seen the movie. The one good aspect is that if you ask Braewyn if she's a princess, she'll say, "No, I'm just Braewyn." At least, she's not a diva!

Well, last week we let her dreams come true... a week at Disney World and a chance to meet her favorite princess and all the others too. Matthew and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary on April 15 and Braewyn turned 3 on May 2. We decided to roll it all into one and head to Orlando for a week of fun. We had a ball and it was the vacation I dreamed it would be. I'll be posting day by day photos of our trip, but since this post is to give God the glory for our precious daughter, here are a few recapping her life and my favorite pics of her from Disney.


Our sweet Braewyn at a month old.


Her 1st birthday.


Her 2nd birthday.


Braewyn on her 3rd birthday.


So proud to raise those 3 fingers!


With my Grandma and Grandpa Diemer (Mom's parents). We stopped at their house for two nights after our week at Disney.


Opening up a present with Philip and my Aunt Liz and Aunt Cathy.


Already in love with the dollhouse my parents gave her. It was mine and I totally forgot that they still had it! One oldschool dollhouse!


Meeting Sleeping Beauty and feeling quite bashful.


Reaching for change in our hotel lobby fountain.


Chatting away with Snow White probably about how great it was to meet Sleeping Beauty!

1 comment:

Casey Wallace said...

Glad you guys had a fun trip and that Braewyn had a great 3rd birthday! Happy anniversary too!