Wednesday, October 13, 2010

20-week Ultrasound, and it's a...


Baby! Yes, we followed through with our plan to not find out the gender of our baby at this morning's ultrasound. However, it was still the most miraculous, comforting experience to see that the Lord has indeed blessed us with a perfectly formed, squirming little new person growing in my body. Although I haven't felt many strong kicks yet, this new little Brooks was wiggling around in there rather well. I've had two ultrasounds of this type before, but yet I was still blown away and amazed by the creative hand of God in creating such an intricately designed human being. My fears of something being wrong and doubting the pregnancy itself have all been settled. In four months, we'll be welcoming the newest member of our family to the world. I cannot wait and it will be especially exciting discovering if it will be another sweet little son or darling little daughter. We love you already!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kim! When I saw this picture this morning it immediately reminded me of Evan's first big ultrasound(it seems like just yesterday!). Thanks for making me newly thankful-what a miracle God has graciously blessed us with. :-)

PS-You are very strong to hold out on the boy/girl surprise, I don't think I could do it!

Lori said...

You're a bum!!! What a tease-- I think you are enjoying this too much! Haha. So glad all is well and everyone is healthy.

*Jess* said...

I've always said that if I have a 3rd child, I won't find out the gender. We'll see!! :)