Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Healthy Family

I do desire to help my family stay healthy and well.  It doesn't take a PhD to know that the way Americans are eating is making us unhealthy.  My goal is to get to a place where I'm not making dinner out of a box.  Also I'd like to move away from processed snacks for the most part.  No more cookies and chips aisle! Yikes!  I need to pace myself because I get overwhelmed with the whole idea of making a dinner menu, writing out a list of ingredients, trying to save some money by using coupons (I am so not an extreme couponer!), and then getting to the store to buy all the needed things. 

I think this is on my mind tonight because here's what I fed my family today...

Breakfast:  Dry cereal and milk
Lunch: Fish nuggets and tater tots (Philip ate a banana with his; Braewyn says she doesn't like bananas these days)
Dinner: Mushroom pizza from Pepperoni Express around the corner

NOT ONE VEGETABLE ALL DAY.  That's shameful.  I'll do better tomorrow.

And finally, I'm going to bed with a clean kitchen and I think I might vote for Ron Paul for president.

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Kimmy, I have lots of easy recipes I can email to you if you like.