Tuesday, June 26, 2012

BBFF goes green!

If you are a long time reader of this blog, you may remember the Brooks Baby Food Factory.  Those days are behind us (at least for now), but yet Matthew is back in the kitchen and this time slicing, measuring, and boiling to transform our homegrown cucumbers (I told him we should pray over our garden this year and the Lord really has blessed!) into yummy varieties of pickles!  We are a pickle-eatin' family but we each have our favorites.  I like Bread and Butter, the kids like Dill, and Matthew has made himself some Spicy Garlic.  I really admire Matthew's follow through mentality.  He googled pickle recipes and "how to can".  I told him at the beginning of spring that I would love to learn to can so we needed to grow things I could can.  Well, I've not canned once and he's ready to make his fourth batch of pickles on Thursday night.  Thanks, sweetie.  I enjoy reaping the benefits of your labor.  I think it balances out because he likes playing with our kids (reaping the benefits of MY labor!).

 Farmer Matthew

 Newly bought and washed canning jars

 Water's just a' boilin'

 Great looking cukes!

 The pickle master at work

 Yummy finished product! We have enough now to store up for winter.  It's like we're pioneers!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awesome! You go farmer Matthew!