Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Little Man is 8!

When people tell you to love your children being little because they grow so fast, it's the absolute truth.  I cannot believe that I became a mom 8 years ago.  Philip's birthday was January 22 and even since then the days are flying by.  With another birthday just days away, it's time to post photos from Philip's big day!

As before, I tried to take a photo every hour through the day, but also as always, occasional hours passed me by uncaptured.  Anyhow, here's an overview of Philip's day, mostly filled with schoolwork even though he tried HARD to convince me that schoolwork shouldn't be a part of his birthday.

Reading time with Juliet. A standard part of each school day.
 
"I am 8!" declares Philip.
 
Grammer on his bed.  A great part of homeschooling. 
(Sitting on his bed, not grammer.  It's Philip least liked subject.)

One of his favorite things for lunch: spaghettio's.

Bible time after lunch when Juliet is down for her nap. 
I thrills my heart to know that Philip already has a love for the Word of God.

Skip a few hours and it's party time.  Philip is ready to chow down on a piece of Grandma's chocolate chip cake - his special request for his birthday.

Philip's grandparents joined us for dessert and present time.  Who's that crazy faced girl?

And yes, another Lego set for his birthday...

completed two hours later!
 

I am so thankful to know this awesome, 8 year-old boy and to be able to say I am his mom.  Philip has truly been a blessing to us and to those who know him.  As he grows, I am excited to watch God's plan for his life unroll before us.  The Bible verses we chose to be Philip's life verses when we had him dedicated to the Lord at 3 months old are Romans 8:38-39.  I pray that Philip will never doubt the truth in these words.
 
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments: