Sunday, August 31, 2014

I Can Taste Fall!

The kids keep asking when will it be fall. Technically it's around September 22 I think.  But I've decided with football season, school in full swing, and the first of September comes fall.  So excited that tomorrow is September and with it being Labor Day, Matthew has the day off.  We are going on a field trip to Carl Sandburg's house in Flat Rock, NC.  We always like to spend Labor Day going on a family day trip and this one counts as an official school day being that we are going to a National Historic Site.  They even have a Junior Ranger program in which the kids are given booklets to fill out about their visit and upon completion receive badges.  Photos to come from this field trip!

All that said, I also wanted to post today to find out if I could attach photos from facebook to my blog.  My phone is giving me trouble and has decided it doesn't want to allow me to download photos from it directly to my computer.  (I think I take that as a sign from God to let go of the social media so closely and just go back to pictures on the camera and then pictures to the blog.  Argh, facebook and instagram have sucked me in again due to their instant gratification features.)

So if it works, here are a random assortment of photos from our summer.

Juliet enjoyed beginning preschool at Brooks Academy.  She worked on Frozen worksheets but will begin a complete curriculum next week.


 Just a few hours after arriving in Kentucky to visit family the first week of August, Braewyn fell from some monkey bars and broke her arm.  Off to the Louisville hospital we went.

 Two weeks later, her arm was recovery perfectly!  Only another month in a cast.

Cast or not, this girl keeps on smiling.  She was excited to get her pick of colors -- lime green!

 I love seeing the relationship forming between Philip and Rylan.  They share a room but are also close friends.  As close as a 9-year-old and 1-year-old can be seeing how 1-year-olds really don't have friends, but Philip can get Rylan laughing over almost anything.  So cute.

And it seems with each child, they just grow faster than the last.  Rylan is at such a fun age.  No words yet but LOTS of expressions.  My little cutie boy!

No comments: