Saturday, February 06, 2016

Backup to Last Fall, Part 2

Just a few more photos from just a few more memories I don't want to forget.  Here we go...

To celebrate my 40th birthday, I wanted to visit my Grandma.  Mom and I loaded up with the kids and drove Georgia.  The drive down went great and again I was so thankful to have happy van-riding children and this van doesn't even have a DVD player!  First stop, QT for a potty and snack break.  And there was just enough "lawn" to get some energy out.






It was wonderful seeing my Grandma again.  I had not been to visit in over a year and the first time since my Grandpa passed away.  Even at 85 years young, Grandma played and snuggled the kids the whole weekend.






I told Philip and Braewyn to pack church clothes as we would be visiting Sherwood Baptist Church, home of Sherwood Pictures which has made the movies, "Fireproof", "Courageous" and the most recent "War Room".

My head told me to play it cool, but my emotions got the best of me when Philip noticed Alex Kendrick sitting a few pews behind us.  I wasn't going to pass on that chance so I did speak to him briefly when the service ended and we were leaving.  Just a few words to say thank you for the great movies which have motivated our family so much!   Between visiting with Grandma and my aunts and enjoying worship at Sherwood Baptist, we had a great weekend.

No comments: