Thursday, August 09, 2007

My kids are growing up!!



Milestones are great in the lives of your kids. Each proves that the child is growing just the way God intended, but they can still be hard on a mom. Philip is doing excellent with potty training. Like most things he does, I'm amazed at the seeming maturity level involved. It's very easy for me to forget that he is only 2. In the last month, he has only wet his "sleeping pants" once! That's naps and overnight. Last night was surprising. Philip was in bed around 9:30pm (I'll have to work on backing that up with MOPS and BSF starting next month) and we went to bed at 11:30pm (I need to back myself up just so I can clearly function all day). Just after 12:00am, I woke up to Matthew getting out of bed. I didn't comprehend what I had heard over the monitor, but it was, "Daddy, I need to go potty!" Wow. Philip pee'd, crawled back in bed and slept soundly until 7:30am.

The other milestone is his ever-growing group of friends. These are not imaginary or stuffed, but real-live kids he knows! Philip's list of friends includes Emily, Anna Grace, Hayden, Jordan, Jayce, Jaina, Emma, Meredith, Zac, Nic, Elizabeth, Josiah, Nicholas, Caleb, Sara Beth, Brittany, cousins Hannah and Madeline, I suppose Braewyn should be on the list, and I've probably forgotten others. His 3rd birthday party will most likely not be at our house!



Philip with his friend Josiah.



Philip and Hayden acting crazy in the poo-wah!



Jordan gets a pat-a-cake lesson from Philip.



Braewyn's milestones seem to be coming even faster which makes me sad as she is already growing way too fast for me. With Philip, I didn't know what to expect next, but this time I'm really trying to cherish each stage in Braewyn's life. She turned 3 months old last week and is now 12 pounds. Most nights she is sleeping from 11:00pm until almost 6:00am. This means we might soon be moving her from the bassinet in our room into the crib in Philip's room (making it "their" room). She's doing great with breastfeeding and I plan to solely nurse her until 6 months. It works out perfectly that she turns 6 months on November 2, just in time to start food and enjoy some Thanksgiving B.B.F.F. cubes (our homemade baby food if you're new to the blog)! Anyway, she's a tough little girl. I'm always telling Philip, "Why are you laying on your sister? You had it so good. No one bothering you. But now I have to protect Braewyn because you are stronger and bigger. She's your little sister. Please be sweet to her." I love having a little girl and it's only fair for me to have a little fun with her myself, right?



I've owned this Build-A-Bear for five years.



Now someone else in the house can wear her outfit too!



She's just too cute!



You did a great job again, Jesus!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Braewyn in that outfit is one of the cutest things I've seen in a long time!!! Enjoy your girl! You deserve it after all the navy blue for 2 years! :)

Lori said...

That build a bear outfit is hilarious! She'll either laugh with you or be mad at you later. It's weird to see your child dressed in the same clothes as my children (t-shirt from grandma) . . .now that you have a girl!