Thursday, August 07, 2008

My big little man

Today Philip had his first dental check-up!! He had gone with me and Matthew for our last two check-ups so was fairly familiar with the surroundings. However, I did not believe how extremely well he did. Philip was such a brave little guy, but I suppose to him, Miss Stephanie, the hygenist, really wasn't doing anything more to him than we do every night before bed. Well, actually we don't stick a mirror in his mouth to look around, nor a vibrating, round toothbrush with cherry toothpaste, nor a water sprayer to rinse his mouth, nor "Mr. Thirsty" to suck left-over toothpaste and water out! Stephanie said she has a son two days younger than Philip and it was obvious as she spoke to him just like I do (explaining everything in funny ways). I was trying hard not to tear up as I watched my little guy hardly blinking (i.e. he was in a tv coma watching Sesame Street on the flatscreen tv hanging from the ceiling!). This was definitely a milestone and he soared right over it. I know there will be days when he feels insecure and clings to me, but today I felt so proud and was just praising God for giving Matthew and I the wisdom to raise such a great little kid!


Looking quite excited to be at the dentist!


Miss Stephanie cleaning Philip's teeth.


All done and just waiting for Dr. Ray to come check his pearly whites.

No comments: