Saturday, August 16, 2008

Such a Neglectful Mother

This afternoon, Philip had asked for a drink and snack. I first told him that I would get it for him in a minute. He asked again a while later but that time it was getting closer to dinner, so I said he'd have to wait. I was working on the computer when he walks into the office behind me. I turned around and couldn't help but laugh. He was drinking water out of a rinsed out Ranch salad dressing bottle!! We always rinse out the plastic recycleable items and set them on the counter next to the door to the garage. The next time Matthew or I go into the garage, the item goes into our recycle box. I suppose Philip thought this washed-out Ranch bottle would do in a pinch so he stuck it under the water spout in the front of the refrigerator to fill it with water!! My silly, silly boy! I told a friend and she said, "Well, he's resourceful. He would make a good survivalist."

3 comments:

Casey Wallace said...

Hilarious. That boy is so funny!

Jonathan Brooks said...

That's so cute! Very resourceful!

Lori said...

Oops that was Lori--not Jonathan that posted that comment! Haha.