Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hooray for springtime!

I'm changing my background seasonally to keep myself from changing it too often. It was time to lose the snow and brighten things up. The above picture I took from the very back of our yard looking toward the house. The twigs are limbs of one of our peach trees which Matthew excitedly noticed began flowering recently. We pray this means it will bear fruit next year! How fun to pick apples, pears and peaches from our back yard (we have six fruit trees)! Spring time also means more playing outside. Hopefully in the next two weeks, we'll have a new wooden swingset constructed in the backyard. My grandparents sent money for Juliet. I didn't want to earmark it for diapers so after some thought, I decided a swingset would be a blessing to all three kids for years to come. We'll get Juliet into a baby swing by summer or fall at the latest, and Philip and Braewyn can burn off the extra energy they have and get some fresh air at the same time. I look forward to watching them enjoy it like my brother Mike and I enjoyed our swingset as kids!

No comments: