Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thank you, soldiers!

This Memorial Day weekend, I'm realizing how much I take my freedoms for granted and take for granted the self-sacrificing work of the men and women in the armed forces. Matthew's cousin Casey's husband Mike is in the Air Force. A few weeks ago, he returned from a 9 month deployment. On the day he returned to his wife and two small girls, their friends shot video and took photos of their reunion. Casey turned that footage into this wonderfully heartfelt video. (Casey, I hope you don't mind me posting it on my blog too but since it's public on youtube, I thought it would be ok. I really wanted my friends and family to have a chance to see it and appreciate Mike's service as a way to be reminded of the sacrificing military families across the country!)

2 comments:

Jo Ellen said...

What a GREAT video!

Katie Turner said...

I LOVED THAT! My eyes were quite moist and I don't know this family. So thankful for their sacrifice.
Those pictures and video were stunning!