Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas with Four Munchkins

Yes, having four kids is a lot of work. Sometimes it feels like very hard work, other times the joy so completely overflows the effort it doesn't feel like work at all.  These last three days of opening presents (presents from each other, Nana and Papa on Christmas Eve, presents from Mommy, Daddy, Grandma and Santa on Christmas morning, and yesterday shopping at Toys R Us to spend money from great-grandparents) have brought lots of love and hugs for each other (mainly Rylan wanting to hug his big brother and sisters... sweetness!).  As a friend recently reminded me, there will come a time when we may not have all our children in our home on Christmas morning due to living apart, choosing to spend the day with in-laws, etc.  These formative, growing-up years are precious and something I want to always hold dear to my heart.  Yes, tonight when they were all getting rowdy while playing a family game and I told them they had to quiet down, I still cherished each of them. Maybe wanting to cherish them each in their own beds by that point, but you get the idea.  So Merry Christmas from my four munchkins and I pray you had a Christmas to remember too!


1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Your children are all so beautiful! I can't wait to meet the latest addition!