Saturday, July 22, 2006

Prayers for our church

I would ask any fellow Christians to please be in prayer for my church. We've gone through some recent changes in the staff and now the rumor mill has begun working overtime. It's such a horrible thing to see a body of believers (you at least hope they all truly know the Lord but it's doubtful) begin to kick each other while they are down. The Lord brought a verse to me this week which is fitting.

"The discerning heart seeks knowledge, but the mouth of a fool feeds on folly." Proverbs 15:14

It is my prayer that Christ would bind Satan from our church and its people. God is the ultimate power and I must remind myself also that "we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). Great things for the kingdom can come from any crisis. Nevertheless, it's hard to know people you love are going through difficult times.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sorry to hear about this...it seems, though, that Satan is out to attack ALL churches right now....everyone I know that goes to a committed, bold and Christ-centered church seems to be having human-problems. The Christian Church is definitly under attack from Satan.