Saturday, July 22, 2006

Happy 18-month Birthday, Philip!

Our little bundle of joy has reached the year and a half mark. I would think this has bumped him up into the full-fledge toddler phase of life. It is such a joy and wonder to watch him throughout the day as he is learning new things virtually all the time. I'll ask him to do something just wondering what he will do. It floors me when he does just what I've asked because I'm amazed at how smart such a little brain can be. The other day I told him to go put his sandals away. He picked them up walked straight to his room, pulled out the bottom drawer of his changing table and tried to stick them inside. That is his shoe drawer!! Yeah, Philip! After getting the sandals inside, he then pulled out two other shoes -- not matching! However, I want to encourage his independence when it's displayed in positive ways so we put the shoes on. He would only be walking around the house in them for a while so why not. (see above photo) In this world of international crises and just day to day letdowns, I praise God throughout my day for this little miracle He brought into our home.

4 comments:

Len and Carrie said...

It's funny that we don't realize what all they "get". The girls have different pairs of shoes and they know which pair(s) belongs to them. They will dig through a pile to get their matching shoes. Funny huh? And now, Sometimes it's almost easier having twins b/c they no help me with the other one, lol. For instance if I am changing one's diaper I can get the other to fetch (I hate that word) the wipes, diaper, etc.
Happy 18 months Philip!!

Lori said...

Very cute!!! Hey, Philip could be the next trend setter. . . mismatched shoes. P.S. I think that bib is a little small! Haha (JK). Love you guys!

Casey Wallace said...

Philip, you are getting so big. Way to make a bold fashion statement with your mismatched shoes!

Chad and Sommer Tucker said...

Kim, thank you so much the great advice. We have already stocked up on the popsicles and now we are just playing the waiting game. Philip is absolutely adorable and I do love his shoe selection! I look forward to little things like that with Griffin!