Tuesday, July 18, 2006

So Long for Now, Skinner Family!

My dear friend and Minister of Music Bryan felt God's call on his life to move on from our church. This past weekend, he and his family drove to New Orleans, LA to begin a new chapter in their lives. They have been a very special family to us. I worked with Bryan for two years while I was church secretary, Matthew and I attended two youth choir tour trips with him, Ruth Ann has been close friends with his wife Angi who was also Philip's Sunday School teacher. Their three children, Heather (14), Jonathan (11), and Anna Grace (4) are great kids. Heather was in my room on our recent beach trip. We love them a lot and might just have to take Bryan up on his offer to for us to come visit New Orleans one day.

Last Thursday I had the pleasure and fun of keeping their youngest, Anna Grace, for the day as the movers were coming to clear out their house. Philip was so excited when she arrived. Anna Grace seemed to be glad too until Philip started trying to climb on her. She's used to being the smallest and wasn't sure about all that. We went "swimming" in our neighbor Jessie's pool to get out of the house. Soon it was me, Jessie, and Roz (another neighbor friend) and five little ones trying to share a little pool. Reminded me why God has not called me into the daycare business!



Filling up the pool!



Getting cool.



Enjoying the water with Amaria, Roz's granddaughter.

No comments: