Thursday, December 07, 2006

Baby Update

Just a quick post (I do have lots of photos and stories of Philip to post but no time now) as I was reminded by Lori's blog that I should give an update on our second child also. Yesterday, Matthew, Philip and I went for my monthly check-up. Unfortunately I was looking at the nurse, but Matthew said when she ran the instrument on my stomach and the baby's heartbeat sounded over the speaker, Philip beamed a huge smile. I pray his excitement level will be just the same when the baby is actually born and they get to meet each other.

The doctor also said it's time for our second ultrasound. On January 8, Lord-willing we'll be finding out if Philip is having a little sister or brother. I know some people love the idea of a surprise at the birth, but I like the idea of connecting with the baby before it's born and it's easier to do when picturing either a Jane or a John. We will again keep the name a surprise until the baby is born though. May 7th still seems a long way off but actually this pregnancy is almost half over. Some days I think two children will complete our family. Other days I think about having one or two more! Whatever gender this child is I will completely love him or her. If it's a girl, I might be a little more apt to think two kids are enough. If it's a boy, I might still want a girl or I might think raising two boys would be enough! As in all other areas of life, I know God will provide a peace as to what to do. Why should I be worrying now? Having a newborn will be plenty to keep my hands full not to mention a fast-growing toddler in the house too.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Glad you had a good appointment and can't wait (God willing) to find out if I'll be having a niece or nephew!

Casey Wallace said...

Can't wait to hear what you're having!!!!