Thursday, December 28, 2006

Updates... where are we?

No, I haven't stopped blogging, but I have been sick! Yuck, to be sick on Christmas. I suppose the weeks prior I let myself get too busy and went to bed too late. On Dec. 23rd, my throat started hurting and was very scratchy. Over the next three days, it began a full head cold with a fever. Being 5 months pregnant, I was scared when my fever hit 102.6 so I called the doctor... at 2:30am the morning of Christmas. Luckily, he said to take Tylenol, try to stay cool (unwrap in bed and wear loose clothing) and take care of myself. Good, I really wasn't wanting to take a middle of the night bath.

Christmas morning was sweet (photos to come) as my parents and Matthew's mom came over at 8:00am to exchange presents and watch Philip open his. We enjoyed a sausage casserole, cinnamon rolls and strawberries. Later that morning, Matthew fried a turkey which we then took to my parents' house for lunch. We were joined by Matthew's mom Ruth Ann, Grandma Brooks, aunt Elise, uncle Arden, and cousins Mollie, Michael, Paul and Kellie. It was a nice day together celebrating the birth of our Savior Jesus.

As one of Philip's presents (which he actually opened on Christmas Eve), we gave him the Little People nativity set. He enjoyed playing with it and I believe it helped him understand the true meaning of Christmas. He also received toy animals (giraffe, elephant, tiger and zebra) which he stood around the stable in a way that looked like those animals had come to worship the Christ Child too. So profound.

Anyway, Tuesday was spent trying to rest, care for Philip and pack. When Matthew got home from work at 4:00pm, we got everything in the car and drove to Ruth Ann's house. The four of us are now visiting her family in Kentucky. They are wonderful people and so much fun to spend time with. Each visit, we meet new family members as Matthew's cousins here are having babies just as fast as we are. Lots of pictures to come once I get home.

I wish you all a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments: