Friday, January 26, 2007

A Few Things I've Forgotten to Post

A friend reminded me that I never posted the finale to a big chapter in our lives. Most people know Matthew and I loved our ferrets. Well, our house is now pet-free. After once having three (Merlin, Griffin and Samson), we lost our last ferret, Griffin, on Dec. 17. The other two had died after having some sort of tumors (adrenal gland, we think). Luckily, Griffin seemed healthy although he was slowing down a good bit the last month or so. We think he just died of old age. I was really sad to find Griffin dead on that Sunday night as he had always been my loving, teddy bear ferret. Philip handled it great.

I didn't want to hid the fact from him and so I showed Philip Griffin's life-less body laying in the cage. I told him, "Griffin won't be playing with us any more. He's in heaven." Not exactly certain if that's true but it softens the blow. The next night Matthew buried Griffin in the backyard next to Merlin and Samson. Philip helped shovel some of the dirt back into the hole. For a few weeks after, something just seemed missing around the house. For the last 6 years, we've always kept an eye out 6 inches from the floor to keep from stepping on anyone! We'll definitely be pet owners again one day as we're all animal lovers.

On to another subject...

Here I am at 5 1/2 months pregnant! With Philip's pregnancy, Matthew took my photo every month. This is the first picture from this pregnancy. I guess it's true about the second child getting much less camera time.

And here is our beautiful little girl's face! Our ultrasound on January 8 was so exciting as we could see her arms and legs moving around. May will be here before we know it, but I've still got a lot to do (rearrange Philip's closets and dresser to make room for pink clothes, thoroughly deel-clean the rest of the house, etc.). I am a lot more relaxed this go round and it makes me that much more excited to welcome our daughter. I won't be terrified of her like I was of Philip at first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the belly shot and the ultrasound picture of her!!! I know you're getting excited! And I wouldn't worry - I bet you'll take just as many pictures of her after she's born!!! :) Have a great weekend!

Lori said...

Amazing how much she looks like her cousin! Haha. All those ultrasounds look alike--except for Casey's 3D picture, where Abby Kate really looked like Mike. She's a cute little butter bean!

Casey Wallace said...

You're all belly! I can't wait to see that precious baby girl's face!