Friday, January 26, 2007

My Baby is 2 years old!

No, we didn't forget about Philip's birthday, but I just haven't gotten around to posting pics until now. We had a nice little party for him on Monday night (his birthday was the 22nd). My parents, Ruth Ann, Elise, Mollie and Michael came over for cake, ice cream and presents. I was raised with birthdays always being a big deal so I tried to make Philip's day really special too. We went to Walmart earlier in the morning for a few things including ice cream for the party. He was excited and told everyone there we had come for ice cream! I would tell them it was for his party that night and so he was told Happy Birthday several times in the store.

After he awoke from his afternoon nap, I showed him his wrapped presents from Mommy and Daddy. He was told to wait to unwrap them until everyone came for the party. He did really good but could hardly wait. Finally everyone arrived and we opened presents first as everyone had recently had dinner.

Obviously presents are not really necessary, but I was glad the things he received did not overlap too much with what he had received for Christmas. Matthew and I gave Philip a child-sized electric guitar which he elaborately "rocked out" on and a Thomas the Train book. He also received some really cute clothes, another Thomas book and a DVD, a playdough set, a kite, a Dinosaur book, a scrubby rhino for the tub, and a great toddler sleeping bag/air mattress combo!

We then enjoyed cake and ice cream. As my mom had worked in cake decorating, I asked if she could put Boz on his cake. She thankfully said she would bake and ice the cake for me as we were in Wilson all weekend. It turned out perfect and Philip knew exactly who it was. I know he won't remember his 2nd birthday, but I will!



You go, rock star!!



Philip really wanted to sleep on his new air mattress, but we were worried he would get up and walk around his room if he was on the floor. Matthew put it onto of his bed and this is how we found him before we went to sleep: lying in the crack between the air mattress and the safety rail! Matthew took the air mattress off and we slid him under his covers. Philip's such a great sleeper that he never woke up.

The next day, Philip had a lot of fun with his playdough set. It came with this cool kid-safe Swiss Army knive.

No comments: