Sunday, September 09, 2007

Father Knows Best

I first want to thank Jessie and Alison for their words of encouragement as I rattled off our current dilemma of Braewyn's difficulty in sleeping soundly at night. I agree with you, Jessie, that it's important to find out why a baby is crying at night, and I am SO excited to announce that we have!!

Friday night, I had a MOPS steering retreat from 6pm until midnight. It was definitely what I needed as that day at noon, Matthew came home for lunch and I said, "I can't talk to you because if I talk, I'll cry." He could tell it was serious as he asked what he could do around the house while I was gone. Anyway, God blessed me so much just by talking with my girlfriends about how things were going and getting us all excited about the upcoming MOPS year (it's going to be good!!).

Meanwhile at home, Matthew bathed and dressed the kids for bed. He put Braewyn down in the bassinet in the office in her pajamas and swaddled in a blanket. He swaddles really well and she was like a little pig in a blanket! That was at 9:15pm.

I got home at 12:20am, Matthew and I talked about our evenings and went to bed a little after 1:00am. I check the kids before going to bed myself and Braewyn was still snuggly swaddled. I woke up after 6:00am and the girl was still asleep!! PRAISE GOD! I actually went back to sleep. Philip woke us up at 7:00am and that's when I found a smiling, still swaddled bundle in the bassinet. Her problem was not liking the freedom of movement provided in the sleep sacks.

Now that Braewyn slept just as good last night (9:10pm until 6:50am), I'm convinced that the swaddle is our answer to prayer! Matthew is a wonderful Daddy always, but this was an especially great move on his part. Since she will (Lord-willing) sleep so good through the night, I hope to be able to put her to bed by 9:00pm and then still pump around 10:30 or 11:00pm to stock up the milk supply since MOPS and BSF are beginning soon.

God is good... all the time!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm so glad you were able to figure out what Braewyn needed!

*Jess* said...

That's wonderful! Way to go Matthew! Who knew it would be that simple? Enjoy your sleep, Kim!

Casey Wallace said...

Yay!!!! So happy to hear of your breakthrough! Way to go, Matthew! Sweet dreams, Kim!!