Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Braewyn's Birthday, Part 2

Like Philip on his first birthday, Braewyn also found herself getting two birthday parties. We were leaving my grandparents' house on her birthday so the day before we enjoyed cupcakes and ice cream. I have a video of that which I'll try to post soon. The second birthday bash for my sweet one was at our house on the following Monday. Her Grandma, Nana, Papa, Great Aunt Elise, Mollie and Michael joined us for some cake and ice cream. We had a fun evening together. Philip was a very helpful big brother. We told him he could help Braewyn with the present opening if she got stuck. He decided she was stuck about 1.5 seconds into the first present! Obviously, we asked him to give her a little more time.

Here are the cakes and a party plate. At Party City, there were two designs for baby girl first birthday parties. I picked the cute "Hugs & Stitches" design over the "Diva Princess" design. And people wonder why kids are growing up too fast!

"Why is everyone looking at me? What am I supposed to do and what is on my head?"


"Ok, now I get it!!!"


"What? You want me to eat the cake too? But all I really want is the icing?" (Like father, like son!)

Sweet teamwork. I didn't mean to have them both in yellow. Braewyn hadn't been feeling that well, but I wish I had changed her into a cute party dress.

Michael and Philip had fun playing together with Braewyn's new Busy Ball Popper from her Great Grandparents. While in Georgia, they gave me some money and let me pick her something out at Walmart.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

That is so awesome, Kim! You and Matthew did a great job on the garden! You will love hardwood floors, too! :)