Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What's Ahead...

Even though our family is not involved in the school system yet, I feel our year of activities is coming to an end and summer is approaching. Tuesday was our last MOPS meeting and yesterday was mine and Philip's last day of BSF. We're joining some friends for a short camping trip this Saturday and Sunday, and then three weeks from Saturday, we'll be on our way to a relaxing (Lord-willing!) week at North Myrtle Beach.

However with all that said, the Lord has led me to a few exciting opportunities for this summer and next year. Through this last year's study of Matthew in BSF, I have grown in my love for Jesus and want to fulfill all the plans He has for me, not just set out with a to-do list of my own. He has clearly taught me that my job while on earth is to tell others of His love for them. I pray He will use me to do that on a daily basis with every person I come in contact with as well as through teaching Bible School and facilitating a Bible Study this summer.


The week of July 7-11, I will be leading the rising 6th grade girls' class at our church Vacation Bible School. I have a love for teenage girls and so I enjoy teaching the older ones in VBS knowing when they reach the youth group in a few years, we would have already made a connection. This world is a tough place for young girls to grow up in so the sooner they can have their heart planted in God's love, the better. I am also excited about VBS as this will be Philip's first year to attend at our church. I can see cherished memories coming from this week as he and I drive each night to church, enjoy dinner, attend our respective classes and then discuss the night on the way home. It will enable Matthew and Braewyn to have special time too at home (unless he's recruited to help with something too!).


Starting June 5, I will be facilitating the ladies' Bible study, "Do You Think I'm Beautiful?" by Angela Thomas at our church on Thursday mornings. I was hesitant at first to say ok to facilitate, but God showed me (and is continuing to do so) that this is how I should serve this summer. It is a seven week series so I have some breathing room before and after it (BSF starts back in September). I recently saw Angela Thomas speak at a women's conference and she is hilarious as well as so spiritually grounded. I pray new blessings and new friendships might come from this Bible study.


Finally, I am praying over which position to serve in at MOPS next year. Through a few different conversations and a peace from the Lord, I feel most led to be the Table Shepherd (Discussion Group Leader) Director. This person is the Table Shepherd to the Table Shepherds! MOPS is set up with assigned tables so women can get to know each other in a smaller group with a woman assigned to each table to lead in discussions and be an encourager. The position includes meeting with the Table Shepherds once a month to grow closer to the Lord via devotionals and with each other via prayer requests. After having taught Sunday School to teenage girls for 7 years, I feel the Lord is leading me to "shepherd" this group of women. In four to six weeks, the group should have its Steering Team positions filled (meeting soon to review evaluations and position applications) and then I will know for sure.

No comments: