Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What to do???

Sorry for being vacant from the blog for a while. Lot's going on with MOPS starting in a few weeks, trying to get on a new fall schedule, change out seasonal clothing, etc., etc. Anyhow, here's my dilemma today.

I haven't seen my Grandma Allen (who lives 2 hours from Orlando) since last July so Matthew said I could go visit her sometime this summer however he couldn't take time off from work to go with us. While thinking on what the best way to get me and the kids down there, another thought came to mind. My dad won a trip to Disney for a week for he and Mom; we could tag along squeezing in one day at the Magic Kingdom and the rest of the week visitng Grandma. Two weeks ago, I very excitedly booked two nights at the 1980's Pop Century hotel at Disney World. Here's the agenda.

Saturday: Drive (me, Mom, Dad, Philip & Braewyn all in our Trailblazer) to Albany, GA to spend the night with my grandparents (Mom's parents)
Sunday: Drive to Orlando and hang out at Downtown Disney
Monday: Spend the day at the Magic Kingdom
Tuesday: Drive (me, Philip & Braewyn) to Grandma Allen's in Citrus Springs, FL; Mom and Dad stay in Disney
Wednesday & Thursday: visit with my grandma and Aunt Maureen
Friday: Drive (me) back to Orlando to pick up Mom and Dad and return to my grandma's house
Saturday: Drive (all 5 of us) back to Albany, GA to spend another night there
Sunday: Drive all the way home!

I've been so excited and Philip is obviously counting the days until he meets Mickey and Buzz Lightyear. So the catch is two tropical storms/hurricanes named Hanna and Ike!!! Argh!!

Would you still go? Cancel and reschedule? Hanna looks like it'll miss Florida, but only God knows for sure. Ike is still way out there but on a direct path for south Florida. Please share your thoughts. Or better still, pray for God to provide His clear direction for us in this decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orlando is far enough inland that the storms shouldn't pose a thought. However with you driving back to South Carolina at the same time Hanna is making her debut that gives reason to pause. My thoughts are you could take the chance, if need be stay until Monday or Tuesday then head home or the second option. . . let the man of the house decide. Let him show his leadership (which I'm sure he is more than willing and capable of doing) and at the same time show your submission to your husband. The second option of course is just humor. I'm praying that God provides his clear direction and that you will have peace in this decision making.

*Jess* said...

I'd go. You guys will be fine :)