Monday, September 28, 2009

Goodbye Old House, Hello New!

Tonight's the night... the last night in our old house. It makes me more sad than excited as I walk around this house, seeing everything boxed up and not sure how we'll ever get all of it out. I think it's just exhaustion and silly nostalagia creeping up. Everything this week has been, "Oh, this will be the last time we'll do such and such at our house." We've done a lot of stuff here over the last 9 1/2 years. Even so, I'm getting pretty sappy even to myself so it's about time to get this show on the road and MOVE ALREADY!!

We did have our first closing this afternoon in which we signed over ownership of the old house to a young guy moving out of his parents' home for the first time. Technically, tonight we're homeless as we legally do not own a residence. Thankfully, the guy was great enough to give us 72 hours to "evacuate the property". That will enable us to attend the closing for our new house tomorrow morning (Tuesday) at 10:00am and spend the rest of that day and all day Wednesday getting everything transported over.

The kids have been so excited for so long, I don't really think they get it. They will tomorrow night when they lay their little heads down on their pillows and close their eyes in their new rooms!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

It is sad to leave a house that holds so many memories-- so let yourself cry! I've done a lot of this in my lifetime! But, hooray for the new house and new memories!!!

*Jess* said...

aw, we did the same thing at our old house! I miss our trees in the front yard the most!

Brooke said...

I hope y'all are taking pics of moving & unpacking & new bedrooms & new school room & ... so excited for y'all!!

BJM