Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Overwhelmed and Yet Not

This morning we had our first MOPS meeting of the year. I am the Discussion Group Team Leader. There are certain responsibilites involved and I've also asked our coordinators to let me speak at each meeting (i.e. give announcements, introduce the speaker, etc.) to shake my fear of public speaking. Bible Study Fellowship begins on Thursday which I'm greatly looking forward to for my own spiritual well-being but especially for Philip and Braewyn's understanding of who Jesus is. We're in our second week of homeschooling and it's going well with continuing up's and down's. Our house is steadily filling up with packed boxes as our move across town is now 14 days away. Exciting yet looming at the same time.

My mind keeps drifting to what next year will bring. Will we homeschool again? Will I say yes to coordinating MOPS as the idea has been suggested? Will I instead say yes to becoming a BSF discussion leader? Will I have had a third child and say no to both options above? I let myself occasionally get so frazzled.

And then I turn my mind back to the Lord. I praise my God who does not let me know the entire path of my life nor do I think He wants me to know right now. I find peace in His Word.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105

All Jesus wants from me is to trust and obey DAILY.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kim,
Thank you so much for taking the time to congratulate us! Your prayers are much appreciated. On a seperate note, I am so happy for you and your SOLD home, and pray for an easy transition on you and your family during this exciting time. :)