Monday, January 25, 2010

Unfaithful

I've been unfaithful to my first love. I was swept up by the glitz and glamour provided by the fast pace of another. Immediate gratification took me in and sold me for all I was worth. I want you to know, my dear Blogger family and friends, I'm sorry for neglecting you while I was enticed by the immensity of the Facebook world!

Joking aside, I do like Facebook as it's a quick way to keep touch with people you rarely see or send a short message to someone I passed at church and forgot to mention something. However, I believe reviewing the daily happenings of 200+ friends (er, acquaintances!) and their who-knows-how-many comments from people I've never heard of has begun to slowly errode my brain and caused early onset Alzheimer's (sorry, if anyone has a family member really suffering from that). I'm trying to keep track of where I need to be on a daily basis, which supplies I need to gather for Philip's school lessons each day, if I've washed our underwear sometime this week and IT'S ALL BEING CROWDED OUT BY RANDOMNESS WHICH DOESN'T MATTER AT THE END OF THE DAY!!!

Therefore, I decided (after momentarily thinking I would delete my whole Facebook account but then reconsidering) to only check Facebook on Saturdays. I still receive emails from Facebook which include messages specifically to me from my actual friends and any comments people make about my daily (or weekly now that I'll only be checking in on Saturday) status. This will alleviate my wasting countless hours virtually snooping and allow more time and concentration toward adding posts to Blogger for those of you who really matter to me.

Whew, I feel better already! Here are a few of the cutest moments from recent weeks.





1 comment:

Casey Wallace said...

I can totally relate to getting lost on Facebook. I hardly ever post a status though, so that saves me from tons of comments at least. There are so many people on my "friend" list that I'm not sure I've ever even met... it kind of freaks me out lately. Hitting the delete button might not be a bad idea!

Oh my gosh, Philip looks SOOO much like Matthew. I mean he did before, but now so much it's scary! They are both adorable!