Saturday, July 23, 2011

Beach Trip -- Day 2

After the long post below, I wanted to throw some more beach pictures up here. So here goes Day 2. Pretty self explanatory!









My brother Mike, sister-in-law Andrea and nephew Holden arrived Monday night to spend the rest of the week. That last picture with the ferris wheel still makes me cringe. For about 30 seconds, I lost Philip in the middle of downtown Myrtle Beach. There was a kids' night at the boardwalk with blow-up bounce houses. Philip and Braewyn went into one which had a slide out the side. Braewyn came out and back in about 5 or 6 times. I told her it was time to go and she needed to get Philip. She said she didn't know where he was. I called for him with no answer. I asked the man "working" the bounce house to find a boy with black shirt and red shorts. He pulled out a 3-yr-old! I was beside myself as it was now about 9pm and there were hundreds of people all around us. I think either Mike or Andrea finally noticed Philip through the mesh still inside that bounce house. He could see a nearby stage from the top of the slide and was watching a magic show! My sweet, attention-focused boy had scared the life out of me! I cannot imagine really losing a child. Praise God we didn't that night.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Brian lost Jayce, age 2 and non-verbal, at the MB Ripley's aquarium. Yeah.