Monday, July 11, 2011

My Favorite New Book

More beach pictures are on the way but in the meantime, here's what I have going on this week. Philip is attending Science Camp this week each day from 1-3pm. He chose the Invertebrates (bugs!) camp to attend. It's for ages 6-11 so I'm excited to hear about what he gets to do and any new friends he meets. Since it's two hours long, I plan to drop him off and then spend my time wisely reading my new favorite book, Managers of Their Homes.  A friend gave it to me and I felt like it was a literal gift from Heaven!  It's a thorough manual with other real moms' sample schedules and a scheduling kit for me to use.  I'm excited to begin our third year of homeschooling however with Juliet's schedule added to our family and the neverending housework (I'm really trying to overcome my feelings of archenemy as my house is such a blessing from God!), I was really in a big need for some schedule overhauling!  Therefore, I'm going to bring my book along and scan through it this week while Philip is in camp and Braewyn is either dropped off for a playdate or entertaining Juliet with me.  The following two weeks (last two weeks of July), I'm working HARD at nailing down our own schedules (yes, every member of our family will receive a schedule; Matthew's on his own although their is a chapter in the book for Dads to read about how to support and encourage Mom in sticking to her's and the kids' schedules).  School will begin the first week of August and I pray to hit the ground RUNNING this year!  I'll keep you posted.

No comments: