Monday, February 13, 2012

My Philip is 7!

I used to hit these birthday blog posts right on the date but life is busy and things take higher priority. However, not to let our little miss's 1st birthday (this Friday!) overshadow her big brother, here's a post about Philip being our big 7-year-old guy (even though his birthday was back on January 22).

Wow, how the time REALLY has flown. Having a 7-year-old throws a mom into fully declared parenthood. He's no longer my little toddler which I can really shelter from the world. Philip is now aware of world events (he wants to be in the army and checks out books from the library about Afghanistan), affected by social dynamics (there was some neighborhood drama and he had to realize that we as a family are living for Christ and so are called to love others even if they are not liked by everyone else on the street), and coming into his own with moments of wanting to be my little buddy but others when he wants his freedom to be with the guys.

Having a son gives a mom such a special, unique journey to travel. I've never been a little boy and seeing life through his eyes is completely different. I praise God for my strong and fully involved hubby Matthew who is such a great role model for Philip. And I praise God for Philip who is such a great brother to his sisters. Even though he can bring Braewyn to shrieking out of frustration and Juliet to squeals when he sits on her, he also is Braewyn's favorite playmate and the one who can make Juliet laugh the loudest. These last 7 years have truly been the best of my life, and it seems each year just gets better than the last. I am so excited to watch as Philip's life continues to unfold before us and pray daily that he would desire to follow the path Jesus has created for him.

Philip with his birthday cake.

Philip is enjoys playing Upward basketball.

Three generations!

Preparing his own recipe, Chipsafiso, on Super Bowl Sunday!

Heading out into the woods with Daddy, a favorite for both of them.

My first born baby boy...

is now one really AWESOME kid!

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Happy Birthday Philip!!