Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow

God has graciously blessed us again: I'm expecting our second baby! Philip has been such a blessing that after trying for a second child for several months, I told God that if Philip would be our only child I would still feel blessed beyond measure. However, God is always faithful and as I claimed prior to getting pregnant with Philip, He granted my prayer again this time too("Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4). This pregnancy is definitely going to be different as I am at home instead of working and chasing a toddler around instead of primarily taking care of myself. It's sweet how excited Philip seems about the new baby although I'm sure he is only responding to the excitement on our faces when we say, "Philip, are you excited to be a big brother?" He claps and says, "Bother." So precious. I can't wait to find out what God had in mind when He created this next one.


My two pregnancy tests! Just had to be certain before calling the doctor.


Here's Baby Brooks 2. Based on the size of my lima bean baby, I'm 6 weeks along meaning a May 7 due date. We thank you for your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby. (An additional prayer would be for my mom. She is still dealing with many painful trips into the bathroom each day. Her surgeon told her it could take up to a year to feel normal, i.e. only going to the bathroom two or three times a day and with no pain. Yesterday and today have been extremely difficult days. Please pray that the days to come would be easier. Thanks.)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Yay!!! I feel like I have been keeping this secret forever!!! It's no fun! I'm glad you finally shared. We are so excited that we will have another nephew or niece soon. You are in our prayers!

Casey Wallace said...

We are so, so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! from the Waldrep's and Busbee's. Please tell your mom that she is in our prayers.

Len and Carrie said...

We are all so happy for you....what a blessing! We will continue to keep you and your family in our prayers!!!

We still need to plan a visit, maybe when things calm down the girls and I could come a vist over night or for the day.

Love to you all!!
~Carrie~