Monday, September 25, 2006

Why No Posts

This past weekend I was able to travel to Gatlinburg, TN with 8 ladies from church. I was so looking forward to getting away and selfishly taking care of only myself. Well, I did get away but I didn't even take care of myself! We stayed in a fabulous cabin in the mountains and stayed up talking until 2 am each night. My pregnant-self got totally worn down and the two days since I've been home, I've been fighting either exhaustion or a bug (i.e. lethargic, minor aches and pains, low grade fever - 100.2F). All that equals me not wanting to do ANYTHING! Not only did my late nights at the cabin add up, but Saturday night (I returned from TN at 6:30pm), we were up with Philip until 3:30am.

He is usually a really good sleeper but had been cranky both Friday and Saturday (the ladies in the cabin said for me not to worry but to attribute it to how much he missed his mommy! I think he was just worn out as much as me). We put him to bed at 8:30pm at which time he cried for about 30 minutes. He settled down only to cry again at 10:30pm. Finally at 12:30am when he was crying again, I went in to hold and sing to him. When I picked him up, his arms and legs were freezing and clammy. It really scared me as I'd never felt him like that before. I woke Matthew who held Philip while I called our 24-hour nurse hotline. I was told to give him warm liquids and keep him warm. We thought the best idea would be to bring him into our bed and let him sleep on Matthew's chest. Sick is one thing, but three people in the bed is too much for any other occasion in my opinion. I knew we wouldn't get much sleep because the nurse told me to take his temp again in an hour. His underarm temp was 96.1F and rectal was 97.0F. She said a subnormal temp can be trying to fight off a virus. I prayed for Philip as we tried to sleep between temp taking. One more temp at 3:00am (up a little to 97.4F) and this time Philip asked for milk. I put him down on the floor and he walked to his room. I sat on the floor with him while he drank milk. He then pointed to the crib saying, "Bed". I laid him down with his best friends, Lamby, Lion and Puppy, and headed back to my own bed. Sunday morning his temp was normal again (Praise the Lord!), but he and I still stayed home from church not knowing if he or I had anything contagious.

Well, that was my weekend. I do have photos from the cabin which I would like to post. Also, I need to take a photo of Philip in his new "I'm going to be a big brother" shirt! Thank you Aunt Lori for mailing it. We love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you and Philip are feeling better.