Thursday, May 10, 2007

Braewyn's First Week

After waiting 39 long weeks to meet our daughter, time is flying fast now. Braewyn is 8 days old today! We've had a good yet challenging week. Taking care of a newborn really came back to Matthew and me really easily. Having a toddler in the mix adds the challenging part. I am trying my best to make Philip feel loved and included and always reminding him of what a great big brother he is. He really does love Braewyn (even putting his beloved "Lamby" in the bassinet with her) but must be watched every moment when close to her. He has only been mean toward her once but it was because I was on the phone and he was trying to talk to me too.

Matthew took off work while I was in the hospital (Wednesday thru Friday) as well as this past Monday and Tuesday. We had a good time together as a family. My mom has come over yesterday and today and will again tomorrow. I really appreciate her help as she has gotten me to rest more than I would (it's not my nature to sit still unless it's Sunday afternoon!), but I'm looking forward to next week and developing my own routine as a mom of two little ones.



We arrived home! Seeing our "precious cargo" in their carseats proves we are officially a family of four.



As an infant, my parents called me "Chipmunk Cheeks." This is DEFINITELY my daughter.


This picture is a flash back for me. Matthew loves sitting our babies on his chest and talking to them. Here he is with Braewyn...



and here he is with Philip. (Philip was two months old in this picture.)


Braewyn received her first bath this week. Philip helped a little but then started saying "I not do it." He lost interest quickly.




Look at that face!



Hooded towels are so cute. This is Philip...


and here's Braewyn. He lost about 1 1/2 pounds his first week home, but she only lost 10 ounces. I suppose it's due to being more comfortable nursing this time around. We'll see if she remains higher on the growth charts than he has. Philip is one tough boy so Braewyn will need to be strong to keep up with her brother!

2 comments:

Casey Wallace said...

I think she looks like you, Kim!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!! I'm sure you'll find that routine of yours somewhere! Just take one day at a time. You know how fast it goes by when they grow. Savor the moments and count your blessings "twice" everyday! Wish I could hold your little princess. I think she is a great combo of both of you. Job well done! God really does provide miracles.