Wednesday, May 16, 2007

We're A Mess!

Overall things are going well. Braewyn weighed 8 lbs. 13 oz. at birth, dropped to 8 lbs. 3 oz. at her newborn check-up last week, and bounced back up to 8 lbs. 11 oz. as of today at her 2-week weight check. However, that's all for the good news. Yesterday, I went to my OB and my suspicion was confirmed... I have a urinary tract infection. Antibiotics for me! At Braewyn's appointment today, I asked Dr. Shelley to look at her mouth and bottom as a friend of mine commented that it looked like she might have thrush (name for a yeast infection in babies). Again confirmed and now Braewyn will be on medicine starting tonight and antifungal cream on her bottom. I'll be eating yogurt daily starting tonight also in hopes that she won't spread it to me or that my body will regulate itself if on the verge of having a yeast break-out. Finally, I got Philip up from his nap yesterday to find a bloody faced boy. His first nosebleed! The blood was only on his pillow so I just exchanged the pillowcase for an old pink flowery one. Well, this morning the blood was back and on that pillowcase, the fitted sheet and Lamby. Needless to say everything went in the washer and thankfully came out clean including Lamby!


What a sweet "Good Morning" face!

Looks like Lamby had a rough night too!

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

I am sorry about your UTI and thrush diagnosis, but both will clear up soon with medicine :) Poor Philip and lamby!!! Maybe its allergies making his nose bleed?

Len and Carrie said...

Awwwwww, poor Philip, Braewyn and Mommy!!! Sorry about everything that seems to going wrong! Hope you all are feeling better soon!!

Must be something in the air. Poor Lil'Gracie had to go to the Dr for an ant bite, then today she busted her lip, scrapped her knee and had had a bad diaper rash!!