Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Good Decision, Bad Decision

After looking at all the digital cameras in Best Buy, Circuit City and Wal-mart (Matthew did most of the looking; I have a problem with change and was quite overwhelmed with all the new-fangled bells and whistles which these cameras have), Matthew very wisely decided to order a "gently-used, like-new" camera from Amazon.com identical to our prior one. This way we can still use our old memory sticks and I won't have to read a new operator's manual! Plus I can again take pictures of my sweetie boy, Philip!


Now for the bad decision. Our friends Les and Melody came over last night and graciously brought dinner. It was a wonderful meal of lemon chicken and rice casserole, salad, breadsticks and lemon pie! Everything tasted wonderful however I did not even think how all that lemon would affect Braewyn. I found out around 1:00am last night when she was crying in pain and having diarrhea. She seemed a little fussy around 10:00pm (I had nursed her at 9:00pm), but after her 11:30pm feeding, she was miserable until 1:30am. She kept pulling her little legs up to her belly and then when I changed her diaper before hoping to lay her down for the night, she had diarrhea which got all over her bottom, her pajamas, and the blanket I was getting ready to wrap her in. After two doses of Mylicon gas medicine, patting her back, and rocking her to sleep in our glider, Braewyn finally fell asleep at 1:30am. I fed her again at 4:30am and she seemed to be ok. Off and on throughout the morning she was fussy, and then we had a repeat of the gas and diarrhea around 10:00am this morning. It was a blessing that my friend Christy had picked up Philip at 9:30am and was letting him play with her kids through lunch (they went to McDonalds!). Well, I didn't want Braewyn to suffer any more than she had so at 1:30pm and 4:30pm, I gave her a bottle of some frozen breastmilk I had pumped earlier this week (I pumped after giving her those bottles and threw that milk out). After the bottles she didn't seem to have any problems. I just nursed her again and she seems to be ok. Hopefully all that lemon juice has left my system. No lemons for us for a while!


Feeling good after drinking a bottle of lemon-free milk. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How precious! She looks so much like Philip!

Love,
Valerie