Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Firefighter Birthday Party

Before I recap all the festivities of Philip's birthday, I did want to post some cute photos from a party we attended recently for Philip's friend Natalie's 3rd birthday. I've been friends with Natalie's mom Sherri for several years (I think we met while both attending the Singles Sunday School class when I first began coming to church with Matthew while we were dating!) and now our kids are in BSF class together. How time flies!

Anyway, I never knew that fire stations commonly host parties for kids. It's a great idea in that most kids love seeing firetrucks and firefighters and plus they get a fire safety lesson while there too. Natalie's party included a tour of the station, a video about fire safety ("If there's a fire, ALWAYS go outside!"), watching one of the men suit up and learning not to be afraid of the fireman's outfit, climbing on firetrucks and eating cake and ice cream. It was really lots of fun. Thank you so much, Natalie, for inviting Philip to your party!


Here's the birthday girl, Natalie, and Philip!


Shaking hands with a real live firefighter!


Learning to slide down the pole with help from Daddy.


Firefighter Philip is ready to help someone!


You can see Natalie in the driver seat and Philip in the passenger seat.


Braewyn wants in on the action too!


Doing some fireman dancing!


What a fun day!

3 comments:

Lori said...

What a fun day!!!! A future career???? I mean for Braewyn--haha just kidding!

Woody said...

We really enjoyed you being there. Natalie still wants to go to see the firetrucks whenever we pass by the fire station! I'm glad Philip & Braewyn had fun!!

Casey Wallace said...

Cute! I took AK to a play date we had at the fire station a few weeks ago. I tried to get her to check out the big trucks, but she was way more interested in the brightly lit coke machines. ha, ha.