Thursday, April 03, 2008

My Day...

At the moment, I don't feel like throwing up. Before you ask, no, I'm not pregnant. If you had lived my last two days, you'd feel like throwing up too! I’ve been cleaning up vomit and diarrhea today… lovely I know. Both from Braewyn. I’m weaning her and have been using Enfamile Next Step formula sporadically for a few weeks. Matthew gave her several bottles over the weekend as I was at a women’s conference (I hope to post about it soon), and she was perfectly fine.

Well, yesterday morning, I nursed her (the little that is available) and then gave her three ounces of formula to supplement. She threw up all over me about 10 minutes later. However the baked beans which I tried her on Tuesday night came back too so not sure if they play a role. Well she seemed ok throughout the day, but I gave her a bottle of formula on the way to church last night and she threw up in the car a few minutes later. This morning she was ok (I nursed her and gave her some oatmeal – no formula). At lunch she ate Gerber Banana Pudding as it was the last jar in the pantry (we met Matthew at Subway after going to the library). She fussed a little but ate the bits of bread I gave her from my sandwich just fine. I brought the kids home and both slept from 2:30 until 4:30pm. Walking in their room, I knew someone had done something. Yes, Braewyn had diarrhea. Cleaned it up but she had more an hour later. Awful!! Well, I threw the formula away yesterday and since her pediatrician said she was old enough, I gave Braewyn a bottle of whole milk with dinner. Not five minutes after drinking about an ounce and eating some food, she threw up all over her high chair! I changed her clothes, let her sit with me to see if she would drink juice and eat a little more (I know, I’m dumb), and within 5 minutes she threw up all over me and my plate!! After getting her out of the soiled clothes, she goes crawling down the hall happy as can be! Tomorrow I’m giving her bread and water and nothing else!! I pray she’s not allergic to milk.

And to get the yucky visual out of your mind, here are some precious shots of the kids from Easter. We had a good morning at church followed by lunch at Ruth Ann's house and our third annual Easter Egg hunt in her backyard. I was videotaping outside so no pictures from that.


Braewyn in her pretty Easter dress. This was the first time wearing a bow in her hair! Thanks, Jessie!


Here are the kids a few days before Easter when I had them try on their outfits to make sure they fit. It's the only one in which you can see all of Philip's little suit.


My precious babies! They love each other so much.

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

She may not be allergic to milk, but her intestinal track may not be mature enough for milk or milk-based formula yet. If you are set on weaning her, then you may want to try soy :)\

Beautiful pictures!!! And she looks great in a bow!