Thursday, June 26, 2008

Speculative Philip

I had to jot this one down to keep for years to come. We were getting ready to leave this morning for my Bible Study at church. Philip had a hard time last night about going to Preschool Team Kid (his Wednesday night activity at church), so I wanted to really talk up his going to church again today.

Me: "You know if we get there early this morning, you can welcome the other kids to the room. Maybe there will be a little boy there for the first time and you can make him feel special by saying you'll be his friend."

Philip: "Well, not exactly because there's a problem." (A three-year-old is saying this!! And he's wringing his hands as he says this.) "When I'm crying I don't like anyone messing with me. But if I'm not crying then I do like people messing with me."

No comments: