Thursday, November 11, 2010

Randomness of Childhood

A few nights ago, we were putting the kids to bed in our normal fashion. Brushing teeth, reading a Bible story, saying prayers (Braewyn: "Thank you God for Grandma, Nana, Papa, Daddy, Mommy, my brother, my brother in my mommy's tummy" -- does she know something we don't? Philip: "God bless the African children and let them believe in You." Future missionary?), and tucking them into beds. I went to leave Braewyn's room and simply said, "Sleep well, honey. I love you." To that Braewyn says, "I'm telling my doggy that aliens aren't real. She doesn't need to be scared." What?! Too many Ben 10 cartoons with Philip I suppose.

Driving to church for dinner Wednesday night, we passed a strip mall. Philip asked if the moose store had closed (it's a hunting / sporting goods store with a deer head on the sign). I said no, but the school supply / hobby store had closed. He said, "That's where we went to look to buy Andrew (his cool 9-year-old neighbor friend) a birthday present." I replied, "That's right, but then we found him one at a Kmart after the last family reunion." To which he replied, "There's smart and then there's Kmart smart." What?! I vaguely recall seeing a Kmart commercial on tv but that kid is a tag line junkie.

Sweet funny kids. I wonder what kind of things this third baby will say in a few years.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

so cute!! :) Be glad you are writing them down, so soon we forget!

Casey Wallace said...

The Kmart one made me laugh out loud! So funny. :)