Thursday, July 12, 2007

Go, Philip! Go, Braewyn!

It's exciting when both your kids are hitting milestones at the same time. As I mentioned before, Philip is potty training. The last two days we have had no accidents. He is even beginning to tell us when he needs to go potty! Tuesday morning was very sweet as I heard him saying, "Mommy, I need to go potty" over the baby monitor. I rushed in there, got him off his bed, and said, "Let's go. Hurry, hurry." Pulling his pajama pants down, I saw the carrots were still on his sleeping pants! (Explanation: Philip no longer wears diapers. In the pool, he wears swimming pants, i.e. Little Swimmers water diapers; at naptime and night, he wears sleeping pants, i.e. Walmart White Cloud pull-ups which have Bugs Bunny across the top and carrots on the crotch area which disappear if you wet the diaper.) He had stayed dry ALL night. After peeing a good bit, I told him to run and tell Daddy. It was so sweet how excited Philip was to said, "Look Daddy! The carrots are still there!"

Last night, he did wet his pull-up but during the last two days, he's had NO accidents. This morning after taking off the pull-up, I let him run around in just his pajama shirt. Twice he went potty to pee all by himself only afterward telling me he had gone potty. Then later in the morning, he headed off to the bathroom again but since I noticed, I followed him in. He went poop this time too! I think the kid's got it!

Braewyn's big accomplishment is sleeping through the night! Well, from midnight until morning but that's big for someone who has not slept more than four consecutive hours in MONTHS!! Tuesday night, I fed her at 8:00pm, gave her a bath, tried to put her to bed, she fussed for a while, Matthew held her on the couch, and I slept from 10:00pm until 11:45pm. That's when Matthew came to bed and asked if I wanted to nurse her again. I did. I then woke up at 4:19am wondering if Braewyn would start crying soon. I waited a while and then walked to the bassinet to make sure she was ok. Yes, sleeping soundly and breathing softly. Uncomfortably (nursing moms know!), I went back to sleep. Matthew's alarm went off at 6:45am and the girl was still sleeping! Miracle! Last night, I fed her at 8:30pm and followed with a bath. She did fall asleep in the bassinet after 15 minutes of crying. At 11:00pm, I woke her, fed her and put her back down. This morning, I heard her whimpering around 5:20am. Wanting to see if she would fall back asleep, I waited, but then got her up to eat at 6:00am when she began to cry. Praise the Lord! I'm feeling somewhat rested today! Let's pray this is a continuing trend.

I titled this post as I did because after one of Philip's successful trips to the potty, I began singing, "Go Philip! Go Philip!" He proceeded to join me in the song. I really want to get it on video as he is SO CUTE singing and dancing. The boy has some real moves!

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

WOO HOO!!!

And I just LOVE to watch Philip dance! He really gets into it!