Monday, July 16, 2007

Our Purple Princess


Braewyn is such a joy and wonderful addition to our family. It's finally to the point where I am forgetting what life was like without her. She and Philip are doing pretty good together still however he seems to be getting more rambunctious by the day and unfortunately I am having to become more protective of Braewyn by the day. She's a tough little girl so I think in a few years Philip will have a run for his money. In the above picture, he isn't hurting her. She was crying before he entered the room, and Philip just climbed up next to Braewyn in hopes he could make her stop crying. My sweetie boy.


Where's Braewyn?


There's our little angel, sitting up so pretty.


This is her on Saturday afternoon. Pretty little face with soft pink skin and lips...


and this is how she's looked since Saturday night! Thrush returned last week. If you're not familiar with that, it's a yeast infection which infants get in the mouth. She had it at two weeks old which we treated with liquid Diflucan (the same stuff women take for vaginal yeast infections). I suppose her pediatrician Dr. Shelley didn't want Braewyn becoming immune to that prescription because when I called the office saying that she had thrush again, I was told to buy Gentian Violet. It's an antifungal medicine which I've come to learn has been used for years to disinfect wounds and can clear up thrush in babies. However it is HIGHLY staining including skin! We apply it with a q-tip to Braewyn's lips each night before bed. The first night Matthew and I called her our little goth girl as it was strange seeing our baby with dark purple lips. By morning this is what we get! She sucks her hands while going to sleep so the purple is smeared all over her! I was hesistant taking her to church like this but time and again after I told others what it was, they would say, "I used that on mine too."


Mom came over to visit today and loved giving Braewyn a bottle. Please continue to pray for her as she still has pain every few days while going to the bathroom. Even worse than that is the confinement she feels when using the bathroom and being in there for 15-20 minutes at a time, SEVERAL times a day. I cannot thank Jesus enough for bringing Philip and Braewyn (and in a few months, Mike and Andrea's baby boy!) to our family during this hard time for Mom. Braewyn has that special God-given ability to brighten Mom's spirits no matter what her day has been like.


No better medicine than to cuddle your sweet grandbaby even if she is a purple princess!

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

aww! She really did get it everywhere! I hope it does the trick!