Monday, July 09, 2007

My Perfectly Average Baby Girl


Friday, I took Braewyn for her two-month check-up. It was nice hearing the nurses say she was gorgeous (which I agree with and continually thank the Lord for His awesome job with both of my children), but more exciting was for our pediatrician Dr. Shelley to say, "Braewyn is the perfect two-month-old. She's 50th percentile in weight, length and head size!" That astounded me as Philip has always been 15-20th percentile in weight and height and 75-80th percentile in head size. He's just lean but really smart! Anyway, Braewyn is currently 11 pounds and 22.6 inches long. It will be interesting to see if Braewyn continues at this level or drops lower. She's my sweetie baby girl... that's all I know! She did cry pretty loudly after getting her three vaccinations but it was mealtime which made everything better. We have a tough little girl but I can't wait to see what her personality will be like. A girly-girl who wants to wear hairbows or rough and tumble playing with Philip's trucks! A little of each would be nice.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Glad Braewyn is happy and healthy. I can tell that she has filled out since I last saw her.

PS- Girls have problems with spray soaking their panties and clothes too. Especially when little legs try to straddle a big public potty-- pee pee comes over the edge. So, remember when Braewyn trains to take the panties all the way off in public.

*Jess* said...

I was wondering how things went on Friday!!! I am so glad she had a great appointment!

Alison said...

Those nurses are right - Braewyn is a beautiful girl! I am glad that she got an excellent report at her check-up. I bet Philip is being such a great big brother - and it sounds like he's doing a terrific job with potty training. I know those Grandmas are proud!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I really enjoyed catching up on how y'all are doing! Congrats to Philip on getting potty training down. Braewyn looks beautiful!