Saturday, October 18, 2008

Florida - Part 3

I didn't mean to wait this long to pick up on the continuing saga of recapping our trip to Florida, but that's beside the point now. Anyhow, after spending a day at Disney World, I drove the kids and I to my Grandma Allen's house on the Gulf side of Florida (about 2 hour drive). The GPS device I had borrowed from Mollie worked like a charm and I really wasn't nervous at all. We arrived around 1:30pm on Tuesday, Sept. 23. It was so nice seeing where my Grandma lives as I had never visited her since she moved to Florida 3 or 4 years ago (she and Grandpa had come up to visit us when Philip was 7 months old and I saw her and Aunt Maureen last summer as they drove through on their way to NY).

Our visit was so nice as I talked with Grandma and Aunt Maureen about my Grandpa (he passed away in December of 2006) and how things were when my dad was a boy. Grandma had pulled her back a few days before we arrived so she stayed close to home. Aunt Maureen took the kids and I to see the local sights. We were thrilled to have a few hours at a beach included in our trip! What a night surprise. Also, Philip had been randomly mentioning wanting to visit a zoo and the Homosassa Wildlife Preserve fit the bill quite nicely. Aunt Maureen was so gracious to provide these fieldtrips and love us despite a few tantrums along the way. She and Grandma both made us feel so at home.

On Friday, Sept. 26, Philip stayed with Grandma and Aunt Maureen as they were taking him to a playground. I left with Braewyn around 9:00am to drive back to Orlando to pick up Mom and Dad from Disney World. I spoke too soon praising that GPS device because it took me on a whole different way back and I literally entered the back gate of Disney World; I passed the truck unloading area where all deliveries come!!! It was nice seeing the All-Star Resort again for 3 minutes (another tease of Disney; I will go back one day!) and then we were off, driving back to Grandma's and traveling yet a THIRD way based on the GPS device. CRAZY THING!!

Friday night we had a great cook-out at Aunt Maureen's house. Mom and Dad got to meet Duncan whom the kids and I had seen throughout the week. He lives behind my Grandma and helps her out with things since she lives alone. He and Philip even talked super heroes one afternoon.

Saturday morning came, we packed up, ate lunch at McDonald's and said our goodbyes. I pray to be able to visit again. They will definitely be a sidetrip the next time I visit Disney, but Lord-willing we'll see them before then as I'm swearing off Disney for another five years (remember no diapers and no naps!).

BubbleShare: Share photos - Find great Clip Art Images.

(Thanks, Sherri, for the idea to use this type of slideshow. To read my captions, just move the mouse cursor over each picture as they scroll by.)

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

It sounds like Florida was both wonderful and tiring, just like any trip with two small children! I am so glad you got to visit so much family while you were there :)

We got our Monkey backpack at Walmart, next to the car shades and baby-proof equipment in the baby/toddler section. I know they still have them at Target when I was just there last week, too. They basically keep them in the same place at both stores. We got ours when Jayce was 18 months old. He didn't really like it. Now he loves it, so I knew to just keep trying every few months with him.

Casey Wallace said...

Hey, I love the new masthead pic! And the scrolling photos, too. Braewyn is growing in leaps and bounds!