Monday, November 10, 2008

Philip Speak

I'm sure there are many things Philip has already stopped saying as his grammer skills increase, but here's one that is just so cute I don't want to forget it.

I'll say something like, "You're my cute little Batman."

He'll say, "No, I amn't. I'm a boy."

He connects the words "am" and "not" together instead of saying "I'm not". Makes sense because other times you connect the verb and "not", i.e. didn't, couldn't, etc. Kids are great in the way they are so literal. Reminds me that English must really be one of the hardest languages to master as people say. We have to help him on past tense verbs too because you would think swim = swimmed, ride=rided, speak=speaked, etc.!!!

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

Kids are so literal! I told Jaina yesterday, "I think you are feeling better because I can see the sparkle back in your eye". She searched the mirror and said, "No, mom... that's just a reflection you see... no sparkles!"