Sunday, November 09, 2008

Too many kids!

Matthew and I were watching tv last night and he flipped over to TLC. "17 and Counting" was starting. It's a show about a man and woman who have 17 biological children (I'm not sure if there are any twins) and another on the way. Well, in this episode another large family was coming to visit them.

Meanwhile, Braewyn was pushing a toy lawnmower around the livingroom making a fake engine sound and Philip was banging Tinker Toys together. In the commotion, I couldn't hear how many children the visiting family had.

I began to ask Matthew if he heard how many they said, and then the moment just hit me as HILARIOUS!! You know one of those moments when a thought just causes you to laugh to the point of crying and you can't catch your breath.

Here we were watching a show about one family with 16 KIDS visiting their friends who have 17 KIDS, and I just blurted out in my humor, "Matthew, We have TOO MANY KIDS! I can't hear the tv!" Maybe it is one of those you-had-to-be there moments or maybe it's a you-just-have-to-have-my-sense-of-humor moments as Matthew really didn't know why I was laughing so hard himself. It cracked me up but again definitely reminded me that I really deal better with children in small quantities rather than large!

No comments: