Sunday, December 21, 2008

Still Trying to Keep At It...

Yes, I just got back from running (a.k.a. walking with a little running). My goal is still to go to Charleston for the Cooper River Bridge Run on April 4. That's only 3 months away. It's crunch time. Well, today was the first time I've actually gone outside, in running clothes, by myself, to run in about six weeks. All that means I'm starting from SCRATCH again!! The first few minutes were miserable as I had very little stamina, the crisp winter (Happy 1st Day of Winter!) air stung my face and made my eyes water, and the zip pull-thing on my vest was jingling! However, I made a decision to "run" three laps through my neighborhood and wasn't stopping until I did so. It took me 37 minutes (from 2:42pm until 3:24pm) and my cellphone's built in pedometer says I went 3.4 miles!! That's exciting. The CRBR is a 10K race which equals 6.1 miles! If I keep "training", I think the race will go well as I wasn't completely exhausted after running today. I could have gone longer (maybe just a little bit longer), but I need to go to the grocery store before church tonight.

2 comments:

*Jess* said...

Good for you! I didn't realize you were a runner!

Kim said...

Well, yes "runner" is questionable but I'm hoping it's like they say about not calling a kid "stupid". If I say "runner" enough maybe me and others will believe it!