Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I forgot Jesus

In my Christmas day recount, I forgot to mention that we did celebrate the true reason of the day. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, I wanted Philip to be fully aware that the holiday is in rememberance of Jesus' birth. I would tell him Christmas is Jesus' birthday and we celebrate by having a birthday party for him. We exchange gifts to show each other how much we love each other and think about how much Jesus loves us. Therefore, on Christmas afternoon I made Jesus a birthday cake. We ate it with ice cream after dinner that evening.



(I know the writing is a little sloppy. It was time to decorate the cake and I realized I was almost out of writing icing so I was pinching the tubes with all my might.)

1 comment:

*Jess* said...

My mom and I would make a birthday cake for Jesus, too, when I was little :)