Thursday, December 04, 2008

Too Much Throw Up and A Lost Lamb

Well, I'm to the point of wondering if what I post should only be headline-type breaking news, just thoughts off the top of my mind or a random something just to say I've posted at least once a week. Today, I'll just say thank you, Lord, that the four of us appear healthy today. A week ago Saturday (Nov. 22), I threw up in the bathroom of Sam's after eating "something's not right about this" chili from Wendy's. Philip shared my chili and so yes, he threw up in his bed (tough being a kid) that night at 2am (tough being a mommy because I slept on the livingroom floor the rest of the night as he slept on the couch).

Sunday, Philip and I rested while Matthew and Braewyn went to church. Monday came and went and we seemed well (even made a stop by Target). Early Tuesday morning (around 2:30am), Braewyn began to cry and even said "Momma." My normal routine if she cries is to get up, use the bathroom, and check on her if she's still crying. Well, she stopped crying so I went back to bed. Philip and I were up around 7:00am, and by 8:00am I went in to get Braewyn up from her crib. My heart sank as there she lay, peacefully sleeping away, her and everything in the crib covered in throw up!! Philip had come out of their room himself or else I would have smelled it earlier. Yuck!!

Well, my plan to make it to BSF that Tuesday morning derailed as I had to wash and change her crib bedding, and still run several errands before leaving at 5:00pm for our Thanksgiving visit to Lori and Jonathan's. I chalked Braewyn's throwing up to my using old ("When did we open this?") spaghetti sauce as part of our dinner on Monday. Everything came together, and we were headed up I-85 that evening with Ruth Ann, our stuff and her stuff. We walk through the door of our usual dinner stop, Moe's at Exit 58, and Braewyn throws up all over Matthew's arm (he was carrying her). Yuck again!!

Well, we finally arrive at Jonathan's (I'm praising God Braewyn didn't throw up in the car as THAT would be an awful thing to smell for four hours) and again everyone seems well. Wednesday was fun (a whole post about the trip to come later), but around 3:00pm, my stomach started to turn on my again. Several trips to the bathroom for me (I'll spare you the details), and I began apologizing for bring sickness to their home and praying desperately that no one else would get it (especially toddlers and preschoolers who don't always make it to the bathroom).

Thursday came, and thankfully Lori had planned to serve the Thanksgiving meal in the evening. This gave me all day for my stomach to settle and appetite to return. A huge blessing was that no one else did get sick during our visit. Monday and Tuesday of this week, Lori and her girls have been a little under the weather and Braewyn ran a fever all day yesterday. Let this please be the end of it.

Now you might ask, what does a lost lamb have to do with anything? Well, I mentioned a quick visit to Target on Monday afternoon and yes, that's where Philip's beloved Lamby spent the night. I did remember Lamby being in the cart upon our arrival at Target, but that was the last of my memories. At bedtime, Philip asked us as always, "Where's Lamby?" That began a search to no avail. We then recounted our steps of last seeing Lamby and the Target boys' pajamas section is what we believe he left us. At 9:30pm, I called Target and the Guest Services girl said that yes, a little Beanie Baby lamb was in the Lost & Found box. I thought Philip would be glad to hear Lamby had been found, but he actually cried harder knowing that Lamby was so far away. Lamby was picked up Tuesday morning (albeit after washing the throw up crib sheets) and Philip was a happy boy. Our new rule: Lamby stays in the car. We should probably change it to: Lamby stays at the house.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Praying for this to be the end of it for you all!!! Ours is all in our heads-- well, it's real (haha) it's just a head cold. We are very happy to not have caught your tummy bug!

Woody said...

Okay, that seals it, no more Wendy's chili. I thought I had gotten sick off it last year, and now I know it can happen. Hope everyone is doing better!!